DANCE, FITNESS, ARTS AND WELLBEING IN SCHOOLS
WORKSHOPS FOR ALL
CHOOSING YOUR WORKSHOP
1. Choose which type of dance or movement activity you want. We offer almost all styles and if you can't see it, please ask.
2. Choose if you want full or half day.
3. Decide if you want to divide the day into hourly tasters for each year group or longer 2 hour of half day intense workshops.
4. Decide if you want the workshop focused on a 'theme'. As well as the themes suggested on this page we have focused on historical era's, countries, current topics like bullying, health and fitness and happiness.
5. Call or email us to book your desired day.
WORKSHOPS AS TASTERS
For a fun taster treat the workshop can be divided up into six 50 minute workshops, from 9:30 - 3:30.
We can work around your ideal schedule.
One of your staff must be present to assist in all of our workshops.
We offer many workshops in almost all styles of dance, yoga, wellbeing and fitness. They can be tasters, themed workshops or regular PPA support.
INTRODUCTION AND DEMONSTRATION
Each Dance Taster Workshop will begin with a short introduction and sometimes a demonstration of what the class will be working towards.
WARM UP AND CORE MOVES
It will then move on to a warm up, focusing on the style of dance so the group get a feel of the core moves.
ROUTINE AND CREATIVE WORK
They will learn a routine and then spend some time creative something in small groups.
Finally they usually perform it in two groups at the end of the workshop.
NOTE: Yoga and meditation workshops will work more differently, as a whole group doing different exersizes and some games depending on the age group.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
All we ask for is a working CD player and a clear open hall for the group to dance in.
Please ensure that the group are in suitable fitness clothing, no jewellery, either trainers or bare feet.
For yoga and capoeira mats are preferable.
Creative African Dance 2013
ABOUT THE TASTER WORKSHOPS
Our small team of teachers have over 10 years each experience teaching within schools, so they have a deep understanding of the curriculum and ability to use dance and movement to explore themes so we can work with you. We have our classic popular workshops below, Click on any below for more information.
STREET DANCE WORKSHOP
CONTEMPORARY MOVEMENT WORKSHOP
LINDY HOP and/or JIVE WORKSHOP
DANCE AND FITNESS WORKSHOP
YOGA & RELAXATION WORKSHOP
YOGA AND POSTURE WORKSHOP